Recipe of Almond SheeraAugust 28, 2017
Almond, an age-old brain food is here to do wonders for your child. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and iron… nutrients that boost brain power. Make it often to keep your kids mentally agile!
Soaking Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
Total Time: 31 mins
Makes 1 cup
1 cup almonds (badam)
1 cup milk
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
a few saffron (kesar) strands dissolved in 1 tsp warm water
For The Garnish
2 tbsp almond (badam) slivers
1) To blanch the almonds, soak them in enough hot water in a bowl for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
2) Drain and refresh using some cold water and peel them.
3) Add ½ cup of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
4) Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond paste, mix well and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light pink in colour, while stirring continuously
5) Add the remaining ½ cup of milk and ¼ cup of water, mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously
6) Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron mixture and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolves and the ghee separates, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to 7) cool slightly.
8) Garnish with almond slivers and serve lukewarm or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
Energy : 88 calories
Protein : 2.1 gm
Carbohydrates : 8.0 gm
Fat : 4.1 gm
Calcium : 45.9 mg
Iron : 0.5 mg
VIA : tarladalal