Recipe of Chocolate ModakAugust 24, 2017
Ganpati loves kids and kids love Ganpati, so let’s combine their favourites and make an all-new mithai! The Chocolate Modak is an all-new sweet delight in which a mouth-watering mix of chocolate, milk, cream, nuts and crushed biscuits is set in modak moulds to make soft, chocolaty modaks that anybody will love to bite into! These soft modaks are of perfect sweetness and quite easy and quick to make too. They stay fresh in an airtight container for 5 or 6 days
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 14 mins
Makes 31 modaks
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 cups coarsely crushed digestive biscuits
1/4 cup finely chopped mixed nuts (almonds , cashewnuts (kaju) ,
pistachios , walnuts)
ghee for greasing
1) Combine the fresh cream, condensed milk and dark chocolate in a broad non-stick pan.
2) Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3) Add the biscuit and mixed nuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4) Transfer it on a plate and allow it to cool completely.
5) Once cooled, grease the modak mould once.
6) Take a portion of the mixture, put it in the modak mould tightly.
7) Remove the excess mixture from the bottom of the modak mould and demould the modak.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 30 more modaks.
9) Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
VIA : tarladalal